hospitality technology made simple by kevin sturm Consulting

project at la cantera resort

I do not think there are many things worse then flying with a cold! I'm waiting for someone to invent a travel accessory that unplugs your ears after you land. I landed seven hours ago and I still can't hear out of my right ear and my sinuses still feel pressurized!

I flew to San Antonio today to meet with Gaylord Entertainment tomorrow. They recently purchased the La Cantera Resort, which is a really beautiful property just outside of San Antonio. I'll do a tour of the property tomorrow and discuss logistics of the project and what the overall plan is. It is a fast turn around project from the technology side with lots of contingencies, so it will be a fun challenge.

This is also a fun project because I'll be working with a friend and great guy that used to work for me in a former life. Cameron Ahler is a Senior Systems Analyst with Gaylord, but since he is crazy busy with the opening of Gaylord National on the Potomac called me to help out with the La Cantera takeover. I was thrilled and am excited to reconnect with the Gaylord team. Gaylord refers to their employees as STARS, and everyone I've ever worked with at there has always lived up to that acronym.

I still can't believe my job is to travel to a super nice resort, reconnect with great people, and help venues implement technology solutions to meet the needs of the guest. And to boot I have a beautiful view and get to sleep in a Heavenly Bed tonight! Here are a few shots from the balcony of my room. Having this much fun can hardly be considered work.

For more information about kevin sturm Consulting please visit my website.

Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit BlinkList Furl Mixx Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo

0 comments: