hospitality technology made simple by kevin sturm Consulting

goals for 2008

In business (and life) I think it is important to set goals. But for consultants and entrepreneurs goals are the only way I know of to create a path to success. Clients often hire me to make sure their projects run smooth with the outcome of success. I have a solid track record of executing on projects because I am passionate about what I do, I break the project down into achievable and measurable milestones, document what those are, and then work to make sure that each one is achieved. It is the same for my business. On September 26, 2007 on a flight from Dallas to Charlotte I set the goals for kevin sturm Consulting (note that kevin sturm Consulting did not truly exist then as I was still gainfully and somewhat unhappily employed).

Here are those goals shared with my limited readership as my path to success. Hold me accountable to them and help me achieve them.

  • Q4 2007
    • Establish my niche in consulting, hotel ideally
    • Bill 20 hours per week
    • Start posting meaningful content on this blog every two weeks
  • Q1 2008
    • Bill 20 hours per week
    • Post meaningful content on this blog every two weeks
    • Speak in some capacity at an industry conference
    • Have kevin sturm Consulting website complete - working on this now
  • Q2 2008
    • Bill 16 hours per week
    • Hire first employee for kevin sturm Consulting billing 20 hours per week
    • Speak at some capacity at major industry conference
  • Q3 2008
    • Bill 16 hours per week
    • Give Keynote Session presentation at any conference related to hospitality technology
  • Q4 2008
    • Bill 16 hours per week
    • Hire second employee for kevin sturm Consulting billing 20 hours per week
    • Speak at a major industry conference
If you have not set your goals for 2008 take some time this week to write them down. Then put a path in place to achieve them.

Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit BlinkList Furl Mixx Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo

0 comments: