hospitality technology made simple by kevin sturm Consulting

the challenges for hotels in web 2.0

As a frequent traveler this video makes me want to throw-up. I've stayed at each of these brands multiple times and drank from hotel drinking glasses bunches of times. I'm always a little wary of the bedding and check to ensure it appears clean (I once found dirty underwear in my hotel bed!), but I've never found the glasses to appear dirty.

In the world of Web 2.0 everyone needs to be more diligent regarding the level of service they are providing to their customers. I doubt this news story was some random idea. I'm betting they got tipped off which means management at some level knew it was happening. Web 2.0 technology will continue to be a benefit to hospitality venues when used advantageously, but the true value is yet to be seen.


Never Use the Glasses in your Hotel Room

Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit BlinkList Furl Mixx Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo

2 comments:

|| davidjay || said...

GNARLY DUDE!

Tim Halberg said...

dude... that's freaking GROSS!!!!!