hospitality technology made simple by kevin sturm Consulting

step in a new direction

Yogi Berra once said, "If you come to a fork in the road, take it."

Tim Sanders is one of my favorite authors, and has a business philosophy of surrounding yourself with "ed" people, not "ing" people. Recently, I felt like I had become an "ing" person. I was always thinking about starting my own company, planning on it, or waiting until I had enough money to start one. I was working on business plans or bidding my time for the right moment.

We'll I got tired of being an "ing" person and became an "ed" person today. After almost nine years at the same company, I submitted my resignation today. I gave a 60 day notice, and starting on October 5th will be privately employed as a hospitality technology consultant.

What a rush to enter the world of the entrepreneur. Work had been such a burden lately, and it was like having a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. Now all I need to do is get some customers!

Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit BlinkList Furl Mixx Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo

0 comments: